About Amanda, Certified Building Biologist
Amanda Klecker has launched a wealth of information and knowledge for homeowners looking to improve their living environment and create a healthy home with her site Healthy House on the Block.
She is passionate about helping homeowners create their own healthy living environment. Since the time she was a young girl, Amanda was involved in helping customers in her family's plumbing and heating business in St. Paul, Minnesota. After seeing story after story play out where family's had mold growing in their home, Amanda knew she had to be a part of the solution to help get information to families.
Amanda has trained with Internachi Inspections as well as Water Quality Standards Academy. She is a Certified Building Biology Practitioner through the International Institute for Building Biology and is constantly performing new training and learning about the newest found toxins and solutions for healthy living.
With a background in Legal Studies, Amanda has created many easy to understand and follow workbooks and guides for new and seasoned homeowners. She has created easy to follow courses for homeowners around the country with her Healthy House University.
Amanda is always working hard to create a healthy home environment for her husband and daughters. Healthy homes = healthy lives.
Amanda has been a contributor for:
What exactly is a Healthy Home all about?
When you have a healthy home, your life will reflect your environment.
We spend up to 80% of our time indoors. Our home is where we raise our families.
But do you know how safe your house is for your family? We are here to Create Healthy Home Environments.
I am passionate about helping homeowners across the county learn about the health & wellness of their house. It's my mission to show you exactly what to look for to determine what unsafe hazards have infiltrated your home. There are so many aspects of maintaining a healthy home for you and your family.
(1) The number one cause of an unsafe home is mold. And from coast to coast it is becoming a growing problem. We can show you how to identify it and where to look for it. We also cover the ways you can prevent it almost completely and when it's time to call in a professional.
(2) Radon is also a growing issue in the United States. Very few people understand that the reason Radon is in so many homes at unsafe levels is because their homes are sealed so tight to prevent air from flowing in or out. The sealed-tight house will draw 50% of its air from the soil below and pull the air in through the floor drain. This is when dangerous Radon levels occur. We can help you fix this problem and walk through the Radon Mitigation process.
(3) We all know the infamous story of Flint, Michigan and their issues with lead in their city's drinking water. This is NOT uncommon. In fact, it's prevalent in many city's around the country. We can help you with resources to help understand your water and if it's safe to drink.
(4) Well water that runs through contaminated ground water, closed superfund sites and chemical disposal sites is a growing problem in developed areas. But how would you even know this was the case? We will help you with resources and tools to check your water.
(5) If you're buying a home it's important to know EXACTLY what you're getting. This means knowing what to look for beyond the paint color and floor plan. It's SO important to go into house-hunting armed with the proper tools and resources. You are responsible for keeping YOU safe.
(6) After you've moved in and settled, it's important to know how to keep your house healthy in your day-to-day routines. This means keeping toxins out and keeping fresh air filtering in. But how do you do this? We can help in our walk-through guides.
Let us give you the tools & knowledge you need to examine your own home and determine what health rating you would give your house. We'll also share with you easy ways to remove any dangers and protect yourself from new ones.
Your family's health and wellness is dependent upon your house's environment.
Here's what you can expect from me:
- - Home Checklists that are used by Certified Home Inspectors
- - In-depth detail about specific problems such as mold and radon
- - Helpful diagrams to help you check your own home
- - Detailed diagnosis worksheets to use at home
- - How to correct any dangers your house may have
- - What to check for before puting an offer in on a house
- - Experts and Contractors to contact for big jobs